The Windsor-Essex Mini Maker Faire relies on the skills, dedication, and enthusiasm of its volunteers to ensure a fun time is had by everyone. We welcome volunteers aged 13 and older*, and encourage families and groups to volunteer together. *Volunteers aged 13-15 MUST have a parent/guardian volunteering at the same time.
- Set Up Crew – You could be setting up tables, putting up signs, working on stage set up, assisting Makers with their load-in.
- Maker & Volunteer Check-In – You’ll be on the front line, assisting Makers & Volunteers when they first arrive.
- Information Booth – Answer questions from the public regarding the Faire, the exhibits and their locations. Conduct exit surveys. May involve acting as a wandering info point throughout the venue. Must be very comfortable talking to strangers!
- Front Gate & Ticketing – You’ll be making that first impression with our guests, greeting them at the line up, confirming registration. Smiles, patience, and a sense of humour required!
- Happiness Crews – Happiness crews make sure the Volunteers, Makers, and Performers are well taken care of: being on hand to assist Makers, ensuring Performers know where to be at the right time and that they have what they need. People on the Maker Happiness Crew should be comfortable dealing with the public.
- Hands-On Activities –help run activities. You should definitely like working with kids of all ages, and you MUST like to have fun.
- Tear Down Crew – After the fun is over, there’s still work to be done! Assist Makers with load out, take down tables, stage equipment, wind cable, clean up. Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights?
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email:
Cathy Mombourquette: firstname.lastname@example.org.